History

Industrial Training Institutes were established in 1950 under the craftsman training scheme by the Government of India to ensure a steady flow of skilled workers in different trades for the domestic industry to raise qualitatively and quantitatively the industrial production by systematic training, to reduce unemployment among the unemployed youth by providing them employable training, to cultivate and to nurture a technical and industrial attitude in the younger generation. Government ITI Aryanad was started by the Government of Kerala at Pallivetta in 1990. The Industrial Training Institute was started with a view to open up new avenues for imparting training to the minority communities like the Scheduled Caste/Tribe by sanctioning and reserving a definite percentage of seats exclusively for the Scheduled Caste/Tribes communities. The trainees who successfully complete training in the NCVT courses and who successfully pass the All India Trade Test are provided with the National Trade Certificate which are of International standards. The institute also houses SCVT trades which are sanctioned by the Government of Kerala. In 2009 this institute was upgraded as Centre of Excellence with the aid of World bank. A new multiskilled trade named Electrical Cluster was introduced during this period.